RESUME of JENNIFER CHANDLER
Registration and Professional Affiliations
- Registered Landscape Architect (1993), State of California, License #4060
- Registered Landscape Architect (2009), State of Texas, License #2539
- LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP), US Green Building Council
- Certified Green Building Professional (CGBP), Build it Green
- Member, American Society of Landscape Architects
Education and Honors
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Reed College, Portland, Oregon
B.A. History-Literature, 1984
- CLCA, Landscape Installation Sweepstake Awards, 2004, Anderson Residence
Project Landscape Architect on the following:
- Award of Excellence for Long Meadow Ranch, Professional Garden Design Competition, Sunset, March 1997
- Landscape Architecture Foundation, Raymond Page Scholarship, 1987
- American Federated Garden Clubs (NY), Scholarship, 1987
- Chandler & Chandler Landscape Architects, Napa, California, 2005-present
- Vice President and Principal
- Jennifer Chandler, Landscape Architect, Napa Valley, California, 1997-2005
- Jack Chandler and Associates, Yountville, California, 1991-1997
- Bruce Kelly/David Varnell Landscape Architects, New York, NY, 1989-1991
- Neighborhood Open Space Coalition, New York, New York, 1988-1989
- Aucocisco Nursery, North Yarmouth, Maine, June 1987-August 1987
- Designer and Construction Superintendent
- Green Building Task Force, City of Napa, 2009
- Chair, Bay Area Ridge Trail, Napa County Committee, 1997-Present
- California Horticultural Invasives Prevention (Cal Hip) Steering Committe, 2005-Present
- Friends of the Napa River, Urban Riverfront Design Review Committee, 2000-Present
- University of California, Davis, Visiting Lecturer:
- Napa River Urban Waterfront, upper-level design studio, 2002
- Planting Design Workshop, upper-level design studio, 2004, 2006
- City of Napa Cultural Heritage Commission, 2001-2003
- Napa County Bicycle Advisory Committee, 1996-2003
- City of Napa Bicycle and Trails Advisory Commission, 1997-2003
Selected Project Experience
- Esther Deaver Park, Napa, California, City of Napa
A neighborhood park, focusing on local recreation needs and native plant restoration. Program was developed through a series of community meetings facilitated by JCLA.
- Napa River Parkway, Yacht Club site, Napa, California, Friends of the Napa River.
Conceptual landscape plan for public park and Yacht Club facilities.
- Cragmont Elementary School, Berkeley, California.
Design planting areas as a series of educational theme gardens and play areas.
- Napa-Solano Ridge Trail, Napa, California, Bay Area Ridge Trail Council.
Conceptual trail layout and environmental report addressing impacts on Lake Marie Creek.
- Oxbow Commons, Napa, California
Master Plan, Conceptual and Schematic Design, Community Meeting Facilitation.
- Oxbow Preserve, Napa, California
Master Plan, Conceptual Design.
- Noyes Mansion, Napa, California
Landscape design and master plan for bed and breakfast inn in the National Register Noyes Mansion.
- Pecan Court, Napa, California , Napa Valley Community Housing
Landscape design and creek restoration for affordable housing project.
- Long Family Ranch, Napa Valley, California, Long Family Trust.
Viewshed analysis with development of viewshed impact mitigation guidelines.
- Upper Valley Disposal Service Main Yard, St. Helena, California, Upper Valley Disposal Service.
Planting-based wastewater disposal project.
- Vigil Vineyards, Calistoga, California, Vigil Vineyards.
Gardens surrounding winery designed specifically to attract butterflies.
- Sewage Treatment Plant, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, Georgia, Piedmont Park Conservancy, planting plan for facility and surrounding public open space.
- Greenwich Village Waterfront Park, New York, New York, Neighborhood Open Space Coalition. Interim park for the Greenwich Village waterfront.
- Central Park, New York, New York, Central Park Conservancy,
Historic and circulation master plans for a one mile length of the park's western edge.
- Prospect Park, The Ravine, Brooklyn, New York, Prospect Park Alliance.
Historic landscape analysis and restoration.
- The Hermitage, Hohokus, New Jersey, Friends of the Hermitage.
Historic landscape documentation and Downing-style landscape reconstruction.
- American Museum of Natural History, Friends of the Museum, New York, New York.
Historic landscape analysis and schematic for park surrounding museum.
- Forest Park, St. Louis, Missouri, Forest Park Conservancy.
Master plan for the park and redesign of the lake/waterway system.